You will swim, walk along the pier and eat fresh fish while everyone else is barbecuing at the cottage. We have compiled for you a list of 10 countries where the sea is warm already in May.
Turkey is the most popular destination during the May holidays. It is still not hot in May — about +26°C in the afternoon, about +14°C in the evening. The water warms up to +20-23 ° C. So it’s generally comfortable.
Turkey has resorts on four seas: the Mediterranean, the Aegean, the Black and the Marmara. 95% of families go to the Mediterranean Sea to Antalya.
You do not need a visa to Turkey.
In the UAE, the water is very warm in May — +27-29°C. There will be few people at the resorts, because the tourist season is coming to an end at this time.
The fact is that it’s too hot there in the summer. If in May the temperature in the Emirates rises to +35-36 ° C, then in summer it can exceed +40 ° C. Therefore, if you choose the UAE, it is better to go in the spring.
Here are the most interesting destinations in the UAE: 1. Sharjah Life and hotels here are cheaper than in other resorts of the Emirates, and all the sights are close: you can walk along the pedestrian zone of Al-Kasbah with many cafes and attractions, visit the Sharjah aquarium with a huge collection of fish or look at the singing fountains with lights. Due to this, Sharjah is very popular with tourists. 2. Dubai It is the largest city in the UAE with a vibrant nightlife and plenty of entertainment. Here you will find a ski resort in the middle of eternal summer, the chic Jumeirah Beach promenade and the incredible Jumeirah islands of various amazing shapes, for example, in the form of a palm tree.
3. Abu Dhabi The city is not as bustling as Dubai. All the sights of the city are located on the island of Yas. There is a giant Ferrari amusement park, a Formula 1 track, an amateur circuit and a lot of other attractions. Nearby there is an amusement park Dubai Parks and Resorts, which is called the “Arab Disneyland”.
A visa to the UAE is issued upon arrival. Are you ready for the hot sun and entertainment? Then make up your mind and choose a tour to the UAE!
In Egypt in May it is hotter than in Turkey — the daytime temperature is +34°C, and the water warms up to +26°C.
There are very beautiful coral reefs in Egypt. There are many places where you can go snorkeling and see the fish and beautiful underwater life. To do this, you don’t even need to be able to scuba dive. You can just dive in a mask with a snorkel.
A visa to Egypt is issued upon arrival at the border. It costs $25.
There are many options in Thailand where to go. Here are some of the most popular: 1. Phuket. Surfing and windsurfing fans come here in May. There are waves on the sea and a great wind. It may rain for a couple of hours a day. 2. Pattaya. The climate there is hotter than in other regions of Thailand. If you want to get out of the hustle, bounty and beach, then go to Pattaya.
You do not need a visa to Thailand.
In May, the weather in Tunisia is beautiful: during the day about +25 °C, and the water warms up to +22°C. Here’s where you can go in Tunisia:
1. Zarzis It is the southernmost resort in Tunisia with snow-white beaches. Zarzis is a quiet place without noisy discos, so it will be comfortable for families with children to relax there.
2. Djerba This island is always a few degrees higher than on the continent. Djerba will delight you with its long clean beaches, excellent restaurants and bustling nightclubs. Stillon this island you can see pink flamingos and visit the Djerba Explorer Park. There you will learn more about the traditions of Tunisia, you will be able to sit in a small restaurant with local cuisine and see the largest crocodile farm in the Mediterranean countries.
You do not need a visa to Tunisia. If you can’t wait to enjoy the warm sea and the cleanest beaches, choose the right tour!
The temperature in Zanzibar never drops below +25°C, which means that nothing will stop you from spending all your days on the beach, swimming and basking in the bright sun. Relaxing holidays here can be combined with kitesurfing and walks to local attractions. From Stone Town to the majestic Jozani Forest, where monkeys, chameleons, colorful birds and butterflies live among tropical trees.
And the world’s hotel chains, Greek and Italian, mobilized in time and built a service with cuisine in local hotels no worse than on the European mainland.
In the south of Jordan, the Red Sea coast and the coral reefs of Aqaba resort are waiting for you. The air in Jordan warms up to +32-33°C in May, and the water warms up to +24°C.
A visa to Jordan is issued upon arrival. When entering through Aqaba, it will be free of charge. What’s not a reason to go on a trip?
Israel is a small country. This is convenient because you can quickly get to cultural attractions from the beach. For example, an hour’s bus ride from the resort of Tel Aviv to Jerusalem is a good option for a day trip.
There are four options where to go to the sea in Israel:
1. The Red Sea (Eilat). It is the most popular resort in Israel. The water temperature does not drop below +22°C during the year. There are few historical attractions in Eilat, but it takes 2-3 hours by bus to get to Jerusalem. In Eilat on the Red Sea, the air warms up to +30°C in May, and the water warms up to +25°C.
2. The Mediterranean Sea (Netanya, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Herzliya). Haifa is a peaceful resort where there are many Russians. Tel Aviv is a party city. If you are young, go there. Netanya is also a party town with lots of bars, discos and cafes on the coast. A great alternative to Tel Aviv.
3. The Dead Sea (Ein Boker). You can’t swim in the Dead Sea much because of the large amount of salt, but you can take a course of wellness treatments.
4. The Sea of Galilee (Lake Kinneret). The thermal resort of Tiberias is located here. The resort is suitable for treatment at hot mineral springs, beach holidays and visits to holy places for Christians.
You do not need a visa to Israel. If you want to see the Dead Sea, amazing sights and enjoy the Israeli nature, then it’s time to choose the right tour.
Cyprus is the second most popular destination among Russians. In May, the real summer begins there: the air temperature reaches +24°C+26 °C. The average sea temperature during this period is about +21°C.
You will not be bored in Cyprus. There are many preserved ancient sights: Greek temples, Roman theaters, majestic Byzantine monasteries, Venetian fortresses. And, of course, Cyprus has beautiful nature.
You can apply for a visa to Cyprus online. If you already have a Schengen visa, then you can visit the country using it.
In May in Greece +22-26°C, water — up to +20°C. The water is warmest at this time in Crete. Greek resorts are not as noisy as Turkish ones when compared as options from the same price category.
You will need a Schengen visa to travel to Greece.
Select convenient dates in the field below, specify how many of you and from which city you want to fly — we will immediately select the best tours or hotels.